Here is a blast from the past! As you read the resolution below listen to the song. They are both adaptations of works created nearly 50 years ago.
The resolution has been updated and Grace Ambassadors now stands in the resolve.
Are you old enough to remember the original of either one?
An Adaptation of an Old Resolution About Things That Keep Coming Up
WHEREAS a new kind of Christianity has risen, the proponents of which do not wish to be known as fundamentalists, but rather as evangelicals, and
WHEREAS leading proponents of the same evangelicalism, while claiming to believe firmly in the fundamentals of the Christian faith, nevertheless assume compromising positions and make compromising statements regarding the fundamentals, and
WHEREAS the said evangelicals, hoping to win greater numbers to Christ and to win liberals to conservative theology, disobey the clear commands of God as to separation from the world, and especially from apostates from the faith (Rom. 12:2; Rom 16:17; II Cor. 6:14-17; Titus 3:10).
WHEREAS the said evangelicals in their “concern for society,” use passages of Scripture which refer to other dispensations (e.g., II Chron. 7:14, Heb 8:8-10; 1 John 1:9) and apply them to society today, thus perverting God’s revealed program for the present dispensation, and
WHEREAS these evangelicals, with few exceptions, reject and oppose dispensational truth in general and the truth of “the mystery” revealed to Paul in particular, and
WHEREAS evangelicalism has long been promoted by some of the largest religious periodicals and institutions of learning, and has all but consumed fundamentalists and has been alive and well within the so-called “Grace movement,” now therefore,
BE IT RESOLVED, that Grace Ambassadors goes on record as standing without compromise or reservation for,
1. All the fundamentals of the Christian faith, including in particular the inerrancy and infallibility of the Holy Scriptures, which we believe to be wholly preserved in the King James Bible, as opposed to the view of some evangelicals that what we have today in any Bible is adequate, but not without error
2. Obedience to the clear commands of Scripture as to the believer’s separation from the world and from apostate unbelievers, as opposed to evangelicalism’s unequal yoke with both. We particularly oppose the unscriptural, unethical and dishonest doctrine of “infiltration” into liberal churches, Baptist churches, and Presbyterian churches by evangelicals with a view to regaining control of the apostate denomination.
3. Obedience to God’s command to inform men that the course of this world is doomed to destruction and that “the gospel of the grace of God” is God’s message for individual salvation from “this present evil age” (Gal. 1:4) as well as from the judgment to come, as opposed to evangelicalism’s appeal to nations, psychology, science, and society in an effort to improve world conditions and bring in the kingdom.
4. Our responsibility to “rightly divide the Word of truth,” proclaiming the unadulterated “gospel of the grace of God” and the “preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery,” as opposed to evangelicalism’s confusion of “the gospel of the grace of God” with “the gospel of the kingdom,” the Body of Christ with the Kingdom of Christ and the mission of the twelve apostles with that of the Apostle Paul.
Finally, BE IT RESOLVED that we continue to designate ourselves as Bible believing mid-Acts dispensational fundamentalists, this designation indicating that we stand for the fundamentals of the faith, as compared with the terms “conservative” and “evangelical,” which convey little definite meaning and may indeed be used to convey false impressions.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Do you remember then, when Christianity was moving in the wrong direction? Do you remember who took a stand in print for fundamentalism against evangelical Christianity? (If not, email me for a copy.)
Now, reread the above resolution replacing “evangelical” with “grace believer” for a fresh application a little closer to home.
People are still moving in the wrong direction. Even some “grace believers”. It is easy to follow the crowd. People don’t remember.
The right direction is literal and fundamental Bible believing mid-Acts dispensational right division.
You can find the original song on Youtube. The black circle in the video is called a vinyl record. It is in a museum somewhere. It’s time to move on.