Lesson: The Judgment of God – Why should God let you into heaven?
• Heb 9:27 “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
• Set up court room. Called kids up one at a time to sit on the stand in front of the “judgment of God”.
• Discussed that to be with God (in heaven) a person has to be righteous. (Used God’s law to see if we were righteous.)
• Ended up, all of us were found guilty; therefore, we were all sentenced to death. Rom 3:10, 19-20; Rom 6:23
• Then posed the question, “When you stand before God, and he asks you ‘Why should I let you into heaven? You were found guilty, and because of your sin you deserve to go to hell. So how can I let you into heaven?’”
Discussed the answer: God tells us today that we have salvation from eternal condemnation (hell) by grace through faith (faith in what? – Jesus’s death on the cross, burial, and resurrection on the third day for our sins). He died in our place. Eph 2:8-9, Rom 6:23, 1 Cor 15: 1-4
• If we hear this, believe it, we are sealed with the HS and are made ‘not guilty.’ Eph 1:13, Rom 3:22
Craft: Salvation booklets
• God is Good.
• We are sinners.
• We deserve death.
• But Jesus died for us.
• Hear, Believe, and are sealed.