List: The Church’s Most Controversial Doctrines
If it is true that the two things you do not talk about in polite society are politics and religion then this list explains why.
Below is a list of the most controversial doctrines in the church today which can be resolved with a Pauline pattern built on the foundation of Christ.
- Baptism – The most options
- Lord’s Supper – The most Roman Catholic
- Prayer – The most confusing
- Christmass, Hallowmass, and other Holy Days – The most practiced by the world
- Tongues – The most feigned
- Separation – The most divisive
- Great Commission – The most blindly accepted
- Faith and Works – The most scripturally supported (and the most condemning)
- Free Will and Predestination – The most philosophical
- Miracles, Spiritual Gifts, and God’s Intervention – The most superstitious
- Tithing – The most fraudulent
- Sabbath – The most traditional
- God’s Will – The most elusive
- Dispensationalism – The most maligned
- Bible Versions – The most misunderstood
- Family Roles – The most politically incorrect
- Paul’s Apostleship – The most ignored
Ecumenical religion teaches us to avoid doctrinal disputation in order to keep the peace. Yet, the Bible says peace is only achieved when sound doctrine is unanimous. We cannot ignore the controversies which exist when we have the cure in the Lord’s instruction to rightly divide.